Wednesday, November 03, 2004

For Cryin’ Out Loud: Let Us Cry Out Loud

I just had to react to this blog posting.

There will be more of this to come, I am sure. It seems that, having been thumped in the election, we are now supposed to be calm, civil and rational. They’re blaming us for not going against the grain of basic human nature.

What's wrong with letting the left vent? These are all postings on lefty blogs. Blogs are, at their essence, communities. After losing an election in which one invests oneself intensely and emotionally, there will naturally be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

And we are doing just that, in our own forums, within our own communities. If some of the crazier comments were posted in right-wing forums, that's entirely different.

I have also seen many conservatives trolling comment threads and posting things like: "please die." "hahahaha, you all make me laugh" and "GROW UP." Both sides have extremists and Democrats say things because they are upset. Big deal.

I think we on the left will all calm down once we've vented and allowed ourselves to move on. Give us that chance, at least. Bush won and we all know it. Let us lick our wounds and heal. Posting blog quotes like this seem to me to be gloating.

And I'm self-aware enough to know I'm equally venting.

No comments: